How Micro Mobility in Cities Can Evolve with Electric Scooters
The Micro mobility industry has gradually evolved over the past few years in India, and its emergence has been a blessing for urban transportation and dwellers. During the pandemic, it was found that the popularity of e-vehicles grew within the automobile market in India. Additionally, companies forecast a complete transformation of the mobile electric industry by the year 2030. It is also anticipated that more than 2 million electric scooters will be sold in the coming decade.
India was known as a two-wheeler mobility nation before the evolution of electric bikes and scooters. There was a noticeable steady change in the electric vehicle manufacturers after electric vehicles came into the limelight. In the current public transport situation, micro-mobility or electric two-wheelers are the appropriate solutions to address the transportation needs of the country’s burgeoning level of environmental pollution and rise in population.
For those who don’t know what micro-mobility is, here’s a little synopsis of the terminology.
Micro mobility refers to a private two or three-wheeled vehicle that carries not more than two people. Micro mobile scooters or bikes are usually used for shorter routes. This type of vehicle is lightweight and helps in navigating clogged, congested roads. Typically, scooters or bikes that belong to the micro-mobility industry are electric. That is, these two-wheeled vehicles come with a fitted rechargeable and removable battery. Before evolving, electric cars, scooters, bikes, and three-wheeled vehicles had internal combustion engines with a top speed above 45km/hr. The micro-mobility industry brought a change in the Indian automobile market by introducing more electric vehicles. One of the crucial reasons for this shift was the rapid increase in air and noise pollution levels in metro cities.
As per a study by Times of India in the year 2020, the level of traffic congestion in Mumbai was 51%. This was notably 12% lesser than the level of congestion in 2019. Most of the metro cities recorded a visible reduction in congestion. During the pandemic, 66% of people preferred to commute by electric bikes, scooters and cycle for a distance of 5kms to 7kms. However, after the lockdown was lifted and the country got back to running its economic activities, predictably, the traffic and congestion started to increase rapidly.
Another reason for an increase in overall pollution levels is the gradual urbanisation in India. This has resulted in a rise in 90% air pollution, which has affected most of the metro cities’ air quality. The pace of urbanisation has also put tremendous pressure on public transport and compelled many upper-middle and high-class families to own more than one car. Automotive vehicles are the leading cause of air and noise pollution. Significant pollutants in India include hazardous chemicals or gases like Nitrogen oxide, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrocarbons, Lead, Oxides of Sulphur, etc. and are emitted by gasoline, petrol and diesel-based vehicles.
Here’s where micro-mobility comes to the rescue with its underlying selection of intelligent vehicles. Furthermore, to promote the growth of the micro mobile industry, the Indian Government has introduced various environment-friendly incentive programs. These initiatives have led to faster adoption and manufacturing of electric vehicles in India. Moreover, a suitable infrastructure is also being constructed for electric vehicle owners. For instance, approximately 500 charging stations have already been built in metro cities. Some state governments, like Delhi, have vowed to set up 100 new charging stations within a year.
Factors like these are why electric scooter companies like BGauss chose to make it their cause to manufacture vehicles that are sustainable, user-friendly, and in keeping with the nation’s more extensive plans for intelligent transportation. BGauss is a premium electric scooter brand that designs high-quality battery-operated scooters to be a fuel-free, environment-friendly travel solution. Its mission of “bringing sense into the city” explains the concept of riding stylish yet affordable zero-emission electric scooters that make for a peaceful and practical commute option.
Some key reasons that make BGauss an ideal solution that can combat climate change are as follows:
- Budget-Friendly: The manufacturing and battery cost of the BGauss electric scooter is comparatively lower than other electric vehicles in the market. Despite lower cost ownership, the brand does not compromise the quality, premium manufacturing and final output of the e-scooters.
- Environmentally friendly: Both scooter ranges by BGauss, i.e. the B8 and A2, are entirely battery operated. The rechargeable batteries do away with fuel dependency, thereby reducing gas emissions caused by fuels and bringing down the individual’s carbon footprint.
- Theft and Vandalism: BGauss scooters eliminates the fear of theft and vandalism of vehicles. Easy access to batteries or other parts can sometimes result in motor equipment robbery. BGauss scooters come with features like anti-theft motor locking and anti-theft alarm that prevent such crimes to avoid these situations.
- Driving Licence: Potential customers who plan to purchase BGauss electric scooters need not worry about having a driver’s licence for BGauss A2. It is a low-speed electric scooter. This is especially useful for college students and young adults who need not worry about paying fines or penalties for not carrying a driving licence.
- Traffic and Congestion: As BGauss is a two-wheeled electric scooter, it is easier to quickly ride through heavy traffic and reach your desired destination on time.
- Weather: BGauss electric scooter is painted with premium quality paints that make it water and dust resistant. It is also painted by a UV protection coat that allows it to be used in all kinds of weather in India. Moreover, you can also ride the BGauss scooter in the rain as the battery and motor are IP67, water-resistant, up to 120 mm for 30 mins. This indicates that the rain will not affect the functioning of the scooter.
The takeaway from this is that micro-mobility is the clear answer to curb climate-related ill effects or decongest urban roads. The growth of electric vehicles and brands like BGauss will facilitate and hasten this industry’s efforts in contributing towards the betterment of our country’s vast and varied landscape!