Each time we buy a new vehicle or any high-value object for that matter, we are naturally concerned about its upkeep and maintenance. If you’ve just bought a new electric scooter, we understand that you might have a lot of thoughts running through your mind. Well, in order to keep your electric scooter in a good condition, you’ll have to follow the right maintenance techniques and ensure your electric two wheeler is being looked after on a regular basis.
Before we delve into tips to maintain an electric scooter lets understand its factors.
1. Cost of maintenance of an electric scooter
An electric scooter consumes one to three units of electricity per charge (approximately Rs 10 per unit of electricity). Even the most expensive two-wheelers need little more than 3.5 units per charge. You’ll pay no more than Rs 30-35 per charge for two-wheelers with its range varying from 50 to 150 kilometer, which is a very budget-friendly price. In comparison, the cost of petrol per 100 kms of ride would cost over Rs. 150, assuming your vehicle has a mileage of 70 kmpl.
2. Cost and maintenance of the battery
The batteries of electric scooters usually last for 4-5 years and the warranty period ranges from brand to brand. BGauss provides a 3 year warranty on its lithium-ion, portable batteries, keeping you worry free at all times. Moreover, if your battery is damaged beyond the date of warranty, the cost of replacing a battery is very less due to the petrol cost you save round the year. In comparison, people spend over Rs. 70,000 a year on petrol on an average.
What we’re trying to say is that you should not worry about the maintenance of electric scooters since their cost is far less than petrol vehicles.
Now that you’ve understood the cost-breakup, listed below are a few easy tips to maintain your electric scooter and ensure efficient performance.
1. Keep your e-scooter clean: It’s important to keep your e-scooter clean and keep it away from dust and debris that might cause any damage. Wipe your e-scooter before and after every ride. And even if you are not going to use your electric scooter for a while, make sure to keep it clean, especially the battery.
2. Regularly inspect the tyres of your e-scooter: A crucial aspect of maintaining your e-scooter is to regularly check the tyres for any wear and tear. Always refer to the user manual provided by the manufacturer. And make sure to maintain the right amount of tread, particularly during the colder seasons.
3. Maintain the battery of your e-scooter: The battery of your electric scooter is critical for its performance. Here are a few points to keep in mind to maintain the battery of your e-scooter.
- Always use the original charger since the voltage for different chargers varies and can damage the battery of your electric scooter.
- Store your electric scooter battery in the proper temperature range, whether you plan to use it the next day or leave it for a while. Check your unit’s specifications as well, because each one has a different ideal temperature.
- The battery of your e-scooter may still be heated after charging it; hence it’s better to wait for 30 minutes before your next ride. BGauss e-scooters come with temperature control, overcharging protection, over-discharging protection and many other features that can keep your battery safe and you stress-free!
- If you intend to park your e-scooter for long periods of time, then it’s best to give it a full charge once in 30 days. This practice will keep your battery healthy and avoid premature replacement.
4. Avoid contact of battery with water: BGauss electric scooters are IP67 rated making them completely waterproof and dustproof. However, just like any other electronic device, never allow too much water to shower over the battery or any of its parts for a long time during the rainy season or seasonal flooding situation. Keeping the battery neat and clean will certainly make it more efficient in the long run.
5. Regular servicing: Electric scooters have relatively simpler mechanics and can be easily fixed with basic tools. However, regularly getting a check-up of your e-scooter is essential to detect issues before they escalate. At BGauss, we recommend customers visit the service center as per the service schedule for a regular battery health check-up.
With proper care and precautions, you can easily maintain your electric scooter.
BGauss B8 is an excellent pick if you’re searching for a budget-friendly and low-maintenance e-scooter. It comes with high technology and security features and is priced at INR 82,999/-, truly giving you value for your money.