Done trying to wrap your head around those complicated guides that focus more on the technical terms and inner mechanics of electric motors?
If yes, then ride along because this is an uncomplicated guide to understanding electric scooter motors, how they work and why they’re great for two-wheeler performance.
The lifecycle of an electric scooter motor has a direct impact on your daily riding, which is why it’s necessary for us to understand its components, basic functioning and how it helps electric scooters run efficiently.
- Electric Motor scooters are made of three key components which are:
Battery – A rechargeable battery also known as the power source that acts as a fuel for the electric scooters to cover long distances. The Electric scooters usually consist of Lithium-ion batteries and Lead Acid Batteries.
- Motor – Also known as an electrical motor is an electrical machine converting electrical energy into mechanical energy in order for the scooter to move. Nowadays Electric scooter motors use Brushless DC motors.
- Controller – A controller helps to keep the flow of power from batteries to the motor in check. It allows the power to get distributed based on the amount of charge left in the batteries
The electric scooter motor power of your next E-scooter is like the heart of a human body without which it would fail to function properly or at all for that matter. That is why you need to be really careful when you buy an e-scooter.
You can know a lot about the quality of your next e-scooter just by knowing the motor power rating given in Watts or Wattage.
A Watt is simply the measure of power or energy and the more the wattage, the more would be the amount of power your electric scooter motor would be able to consume in a given time. And the more power it consumes, the more energy it would be able to produce which in turn would lead to better performance and who doesn’t want that right?
In simple words, the performance of an electric scooter would be directly related to the amount of watts an e-scooter consumes. The higher the amount of motor watts, the better the performance.
- Higher motor power would lead to more power generation and therefore, higher acceleration. You can read more information about this below:
Electric motors when properly installed produce less vibration and noise, get less unheated and last longer which leads to higher efficiency.
- Electric motors are more durable because there are only a few moving components leading to less wear and tear and therefore less maintenance cost too.
- The higher the motor power,i.e, the number of watts and a higher battery capacity, the more energy your electric scooter have to climb those steep slopes.
- Heavy-duty electric scooters like BGauss are designed to encounter additional stress and as they have a stronger motor and big batteries, they have a higher load capacity.
Every BGauss electric scooter is built with the highest grade German technology, powered by a 1900 Watt Motor and equipped with three riding modes for ease that can be customized according to the route and use.
Torque, if it had to be explained in simple words, is the measurement of the amount of pressure applied with the same force which in turn leads your electric scooter to move forward.
Torque is usually measured in units of Nm or Newton-Meters and is really important if you want to make sure that your electric scooter motor is worth the money you are spending but only a few companies including BGauss actually mention Newton meters.
An electric motor’s torque is crucial to be familiar with as it shows the amount of load an engine can handle to generate a certain amount of energy. This is why the smooth acceleration and no vibration makes riding a B8 an experience like no other.
The Controller, also known as the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) is an electronic circuit which like the name suggests, helps to control the speed of your electric scooter motor and also in performing a dynamic brake, reversing of the motor. and so much more.
It helps to adjust the flow of energy from the battery to the motor and it is very important as this would be one of the deciding factors in regards to your safety(so that you don’t lose control of your E-scooter).
It’s important that you understand the basics of an E-scooter motor because that would be the basis of how your future e-scooter would perform on the road, the convenience and comfort it would be able to offer, the average lifespan and so on.
- If chosen correctly, E-scooters can make a huge contribution to your daily life such as:
Low maintenance costs – Save your hard-earned money and finally buy something for yourself as well
- Less Noise Pollution – Not only good for the environment but also soothing for your ears
- Can be charged at home easily – Say Bye to those frequent visits to petrol pumps
- No air pollution – Now You can go on an adventure while being an Earth Saviour!
To make this an adventure of a lifetime for you during those rides through the dust and rains, the motor of BGauss B8 has been sealed with an IP67 rating making it dust-free and water-resistant which especially makes it perfect for Indian roads. Not just that, it comes with a 3-year warranty so that you can ride worry-free.