We all know the safety tips we take for our electronic products during the monsoon season, like the waterproof covers for the laptop bag, waterproof case for your phone and the list goes on. Apart from daily electronic items, your electric scooter also requires some precautionary actions to ride through the monsoon season effectively.
Monsoons bring a refreshing change with a mood to ride more, explore the unexplored routes or simply enjoy the water droplets passing by your face while riding. Though riding your BG C12 electric scooter would be fun, backed up with peace of mind due to IP 67 rating, safety and precautions for your electric scooter shall never be ignored.
Here are a few safety tips for your electric scooter for the monsoon season.
- Tire Check: Ensure your scooter’s tires are adequately inflated and possess good tread depth for enhanced grip on wet roads. Also make sure that your electric scooter has well researched and well-designed tyre grips like the BG C12’s tire grip lines as this ensures a smooth balance and helps maintain the grip while commuting during the monsoon season.
- Brake Assurance: Test your brakes for responsiveness every time before you start your ride. Also, you can apply an anti-rust solution over the brake area to avoid rusting due to the rain water. The BG C12 comes with a CBS braking system that spreads the braking force between the front and the rear tyre and avoids the vehicle skidding. One must only go for electric scooters with CBS braking systems to ensure the safest commutes.
- Rain Gear: Invest in waterproof riding gear to stay dry. The BG C12′s ‘extra space’ can even accommodate rain gear storage just in case the day is cloudy and it’s not raining. A proper windcheater will help you stay focused on the road even when it’s pouring down. The best part about the BG C12 is that it comes with a modern-research based rexine material that won’t let the rider slide on the seat while wearing a windcheater, since most of the windcheaters get slippery due to the water and seat friction.
- Light it Up: Keep your lights and indicators clean and functional. The BG C12 comes with LED headlights and LED indicator lights that provide high visibility even during the monsoon season. Always ensure that your electric scooter has both the front and rear indicators in good condition and if broken, get them repaired.
- Mind Your Turns: Slow down when taking turns during the monsoon season as there’s a high chance of losing control while braking during steep turns. Maintain a higher turning radius as this will lessen the chances of losing control. The BG C12 comes with a plus point feature that can be helpful during turns. The e-scooter comes with a motor that’s functional even when the brakes are applied.
- Parking Wisdom: Shelter your scooter or use a waterproof cover when not in use. Over time rain water can seep into the e-scooter and cause damage to the electrical parts. The BG C12 comes with an IP 67 rated battery and motor that keeps you worry free even on rainy days, when you don’t park your e-scooter under a shade.
Go out, explore and have safe commutes on the BG C12. Ensure to follow all the safety tips and precautions while traveling on a two wheeler during the monsoon season. Hurry, book a test ride today.